Monday, May 6, 2013

Here comes the end

I have had so much fun this year with my boys. I'm not going to lie, there were hard days and some hard weeks...there might have even been a hard month in there but over all our first year of homeschooling has been such a success. I feel like I have learned so much and my boys have really benefitted from being able to go at their own pace. My big guy (first) has really excelled at reading and writing. He loves writing stories and is reading at 4-5 grade level. Number 2 (kindergarten) has truly excelled at Math. He loves it! My two oldest boys are opposites in many ways and of course this holds true in school. The program we chose this year was amazing. (CHEP) I loved the opportunities the boys had to go to the art, Spanish, and grade level classes. They enjoyed meeting new friends and we had some great field trip opportunities! My little man (3 years) started some tot school activities this year and has loved the games and activities that I have done for him. He is so excited to start preschool next year. He will be going to the local tiny tots program through the city. It will be wonderful for him to have some time for himself away from his big brothers (and baby brother). It will, of course, also be wonderful for the mama!

Back to the current year. Number 2 is working on making sure he solidly understands all the basic concepts he has come across in the Kindergarten and First grade curriculums that he has been working in.


We have been checking up on counting by twos or skip counting and our 10s in association with place values.

Big guy has been mastering money and double digit adding and subtracting!
Science is like fun time for everyone. We have been learning about liquids solids and gasses. We have done some experiments concerning solids changing to liquids, but our favorite experiment was turning a liquid to a solid...freezer bag ice cream was a huge hit!


And.....Little guy has been working on letter recognition!


He is so proud of his matches!



No comments:

Post a Comment