Thursday, August 30, 2012

2 Weeks Down!!

Whoo Hoo!! We completed week 2 of Homeschooling!! 

I am still enjoying it very much and the boys are having a blast.  This week we tried some different times of doing school.  We did it during Isaac's nap a couple of times and other than the fact that I get no time to myself during the day it is much simpler to do school work while little guy is sleeping.  Today we went to the library in the morning.  The boys played on the little computers and then we read some books there.  We went to get a specific book I wanted for the boys called "I Need My Monster" by Amanda Noll but although the library said it was there, they could not find it today.  We picked out lots of other books to take home and one I have already read 6 times today since we got home.  "Go Away Big Green Monster" by Ed Emberly" is an instant favorite.  Also the kids loved "Interrupting Chicken" by David Ezra Stein.  Both were also pretty fun to read for adults so I give them both a thumbs up.  We got several other books but we have not read them all yet. I'll let you know what we think of them. 

It is awesome to see my kiddos learning!! Today with Kevin we began learning how to count by 2 and I was able to get him super excited by letting him do lots of writing on the white board.  I had him write the numbers 1-20 on the board then circle the numbers as he counted by 2.  We did this several times until he asked me to do word problems with him, which is what we did yesterday and he really like it!

My favorite online resource right now is Scootpad.  Both boys love it and it is 100% learning, amazing!

Some benefits we are already getting from homeschooling are:  The boys had a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's house on a school night!, We went to the library while everyone else was at school and got the kids section pretty much to ourselves including the computers, which my boys love but always have a hard time getting time on them.  We went to a splash pad and were one of 8 kids there, not the normal 50 that are there!  My kids are learning at a very fast pace.  They get one on one teaching and can go ahead or stay on any subject depending on their needs. We are having so much fun!


This cute alphabet caterpillar I printed from a blog called Oopsey Daisey... and use it to make caterpillar words with Kevin and for Adam he gets to put the letters in order!! I used the wiggle game with Isaac from the same I is for Insects Mommy School Packet!

More Totschool ideas for Little guy, this one is his absolute favorite he asks to do it even when school is out!! separating sponges into bowls by color with tongs!!  Who knew it was so exciting.  I now want to find sponges in different colors so he has more colors to play with.

 noodle separating!!


Another awesome drawing by MOM!!  Can you tell what our Social Studies Lesson was about?

 

The newest addition to our classroom.  Is it not the cutest thing on the "planet".  Anyway, my boys think it is awesome, and have been asking daily to look at it and asking where everything is on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment