Sunday, April 28, 2013

A little of this, a little of that


So our days have been full lately with end of school stuff and beginning of summer stuff! I, as usual, cannot wait for summer and not because I am tired of school but simply because I love summer stuff! Things like going to the beach, swimming at the pool, visiting friends, camping and every other fun thing we can dream up to do in the summer heat! But we are trying to stay focused and finish our first year of homeschooling strong!

Little man loves play dough so we have been using the letter mats and playing with our beloved play dough!








My big guy would much rather do math on the floor than at the desk!!


I numbered pieces of paper from 1-20 and then put addition and subtraction problems on the Popsicle sticks and he then put them under the correct number. It was easy to see how many different ways he could make one number by seeing the Popsicle sticks piled up under each number.



Adam working on finding the missing number!


We love our pirate math centers that I found on Teachers Pay Teachers. The boys just love using them it is so fun!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mom and teacher, it’s great that you have taken things in your hands and you are responsible for the education that your child gets. You are getting pretty good, thank you for sharing your experience with the readers who sometimes turn out to be also mum just like you. I was searching for a way to buy college essay paper when I saw your post. And I’ve decided that I too can take things in my hands and following your example I started thinking about homeshooling my child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome!! It is a lot of work. It so worth it for our family! I am now in year 5 and have 5 kiddos and it gets easier, the homeschooling thing.

      Delete